Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Girls Weekend in Dallas!!!

This past year for Christmas Theran gave Madsyn and I tickets to Dallas, Texas to visit my sister that lives there for a girls weekend. He set it all up with her and surprised us. We went this past weekend and had a BLAST!!! We ate way too much and shopped 'til we dropped and partied like rock stars. My sister Sonia is the most amazing hostess. She truly makes you feel like she has nothing better to do than to pamper and take care of you. Never mind that she is a full-time FBI agent (can I say that) busy keeping the world safe for all of us in ways we don't even see. She is raising two boys on her own while her husband is in Iraq, again keeping the world safe for us. Then she has he four doggies (babies), church job, and all the other things a mom, wife and woman of the world has to do. Every time I think I am busy, all I have to do is go visit or talk with her and I am amazed at how she juggles her demanding life. 
In between shopping, eating, movies, pedicures, baking and chatting, Madsyn and I did get to go to Six Flags. We had such a fun time! I haven't been on rides like that ever!  I am always with the little ones on the kiddie rides, and they didn't have roller coasters like that when I was growing up. I just about lost it 20 times-seriously. One of the rides went up and dropped us from a height of 25 stories. I kept thinking... "when is this going to stop falling?" In all the pictures from the rides I am screaming with my eyes tight shut. I don't think I ever saw a thing, except for when we took off. But I had so much fun just being one on one with my best girlfriend. I feel so lucky to have such a fun friend for a daughter. I am truly blessed.
Here is a special thank you to my sweet sister Sonia for making it all possible. We love you so much and miss you already. We can't wait for Bear Lake this summer!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ok.....now you have made me cry...I love you and really appreciate your sweet words. the only thing that could have made our weekend better would have been to have a green machine here for you to ride around the block. i love you!

corinne said...

what cute posts! love the pics. i am so proud of you, blogger!

ps you are skinny.

the picture of you and mads with hats is adorable!

Bear said...

J&M, sounds like you girls had a wonderful time in the Lone Star State. I'm really happy that you were able to spend time with our family. Enjoyed our short chats. Please come back and see us again soon. Next time...I promise...I'll be home. Tell T "high five" on hosting his women on a girl's trip. He beginning to show his feminine side! Lots of love....

AMY MICHELLE said...

What a FUN trip! Sisters are the best and to get to take Madsyn for girl time... I am going to have to do that for sure with my girls when they get bigger! Theran is sure a great husband to surprise and everything! Lucky Lady!

We can't wait to see you guys again!