Friday, January 9, 2009

Duncan looses his front tooth

We had a great event last night. Duncan lost his front tooth. He is the funniest kid. He showed me it was loose about 6:30 p.m. So I told him to wiggle it as much as he could so that it would loosen up and come out in the next few days. By 8p.m. that night it was sitting at an angle and hurting him like crazy because he had wiggled it so hard. I put some orajel on it and got him ready for bed and told him to leave it alone until the next day. I went to put Izabella to sleep and by the time I came to tuck him in it was gone. He told his dad it was bothering him and Theran always willing to use the needle-nose pliers to get a tooth out grabbed them quickly and pulled before anyone even knew what happened. Duncan was so glad to have it out and got his golden dollar from the tooth-fairy last night. Mom is sad because the perfect smile is gone. I love Duncan's little smile and now we'll have to see if with his grown-up teeth it will ever be the same. But I have a long time to wait until all those teeth are in and the little ones gone.
A close up view of the great event!!

2 comments:

corinne said...

that looks owie! what a trooper. he is precious. i can't believe how fast he is growing up!

alyssa said...

Hooray for Duncs! He is more brave than me. Every time Dad would try and come at me with the pliers, I would run for cover.