Thursday, January 29, 2009

HELP! I'm being held hostage by snow days!!!

You all may wonder what we do on snow day after snow day in the Selph household to stay sane. Well, sanity is over rated by many so we just concentrate on survival. Each has their own coping skills. Madsyn decided to put her Christmas decorating presents to work and make us all a treat. (It didn't last too long) Jake hasn't moved from this position other than to add a log to the fire behind him. He uses his feet as sensors as to when the fire begins to get too low. The others flutter between gameboys, playdough, hide and seek, TV,dress-up, and the many toys and car tracks set up to occupy the MANY hours we have been trapped in this house together. The next storm is suppose to be on its way. Just a small one this time. But won't it be so much fun if school is called off again. I might need valium by friday afternoon.



Peaches... well this is what she wants all the time, snow day or not. If you throw her ball for her, she will be your friend for life.

7 comments:

Daybreaking Dickersons said...

I hadn't checked your blog in months because I thought you were just done. I gave it a chance today and you've been posting a lot! I'm so glad I get to see new pictures. And I love Peaches. I want to come cuddle with her.

corinne said...

peaches is so dang cute. i love that picture of her with the ball in her mouth! i am sorry you are being held hostage by snow days. put your kids to work cleaning the house to a shine, that should work! ;)

AMY MICHELLE said...

WOW, that is a lot of SNOW! Sounds fun to have a snow day for one day and then I would be READY to have my kids back in school. Love the cake, you are such a fun Mom!

alyssa said...

Madsyn: That is one rockin cake! I think that I have some serious competition in the cake decorating world! I am glad that you got to be home torturing your mother! Just kidding, only the boys torture her :) Love you guys!
Love, aunt alyssa and baby bentley bug

Unknown said...

ok....love the cake and could peaches be any cuter? Your home looks so cozy and happy. Hope that you are feeling better and keep that valium handy. love you, na

Olsen Family said...

If I could trade you for a week I would. It was in the 80's today. I need to see snow!!

Jessica said...

They should probably weigh parent sanity when they are making the call about whether it is a snow day.